Wardrobe starting to bulge? Moving out or just de-cluttering?
Here are five Kemptown places which will make use of the clothes you don’t wear any more:
Click on the organisation name for more details and a map
- The Marie Curie Charity Shop Right in the heart of Kemptown Village, this friendly charity shop will take all clothing, including footwear, children’s clothes, menswear and accessories. If you wish, your donations can be bar-coded, so you find out how much they have made for the charity, which supports people living with terminal illness and their families. Open Mon-Sat 0930- 1700 and Sun 1000 – 1600. Located opposite the Co-op at 99 St Georges Road, BN2 1EE, 01273 673695.
- Samara’s Aid Appeal Help families fleeing Syria to survive in refugee camps in the region by donating clothing and other items to aid shipments organised by Brighton-based mum Samara Levy. Items needed include winter coats and jackets, wellington boots and blankets as well as Zimmer frames, wheelchairs and pairs of crutches. Check the website for what they can – and can’t – accept. For details of how and where to drop your items in Kemptown, call 01273609992
- The Sussex Beacon Charity Shop – The Sussex beacon is a Brighton-based charity provides specialist care and support for people living with HIV. It has just two shops in Brighton – and this one, at the busy bottom of St James’ St, is the one which deals with clothing. Open daily 0930 – 1700. Located opposite Redroaster at 130 St. James’s Street, BN2 1TH. Tel 01273 682992
- The textile and shoe recycling bins – A bit harder to find than you might think in environmentally friendly Brighton. Bins for clothing and shoes to be recycled can be found on Freshfield Way, just behind the Gala Bingo Hall on Eastern Road. There is also a bin for clothing and a separate one for bras at Upper Rock Gardens.
- The Age UK Charity Shop A bright, welcoming charity shop with great window displays in a central position in Kemptown Village, which is one of seven in Brighton and Hove. Opening hours 1000 – 1700 Mon-Sat, 1000-1600 Sundays. Located next to Proto Fruit and Veg at Garnet House, 9 St. Georges Road, BN2 1EU. Telephone 01273 673 767.